PNHP Leadership Training Institute
PNHP’s 2016 Leadership Training will take place Friday, November 18, 2016 at the Westin City Center, 1400 M St. NW in Washington, D.C. The training includes PNHP’s Annual Meeting, held the following day on November 19.
Contact Matthew Petty at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the program.
The PNHP Leadership Training is for health professional advocates who are looking to take a leadership role in the grassroots movement for single payer.
The Leadership Training is an organizing training that focuses on developing specific advocacy skills in media, chapter development, health policy, and public education.
The faculty are nationally known researchers, teachers and leaders present data making the case for national health insurance and answer the "tough questions" of opponents. Small group and plenary sessions provide the opportunity for in-depth discussion of the material and extensive personal attention.
Most participants are physicians or physicians-in-training; a select few non-physician allied health professionals also participate.
At the end of this course, participants will be equipped to:
- Articulate the national single-payer vision to colleagues and confidently debunk common myths.
- Utilize PNHP resources to develop and present a grand rounds or single payer presentation aimed towards a health professional audience.
- Create a local media strategy that includes meaningful engagement in social media platforms
- Plan and participate in a lobby visit with an elected official
- Develop a local organizing strategy