"Mythbusters" by the Canadian Health Services Research Foundation
The Canadian Health Services Research Foundation is a nonprofit public policy research organization established with endowed funds from the Canadian government and its agencies. Their competent and scholarly analyses of health policy and financing provide a counterpoint to the dishonest and mendacious “research” produced by corporate and ideologue-funded institutions such as the Fraser Institute. In this series of briefs, CHSRF researchers refute many of the myths about the Canadian health system and publicly-financed health care in general.
Especially recommended are:
- User fees (i.e., copays) would stop waste and ensure better use of the health care system (pdf)
- For-profit ownership of facilities would lead to a more efficient health care system (pdf)
- A parallel private system would reduce waiting times in the public system (pdf)
- Canada has a communist-style healthcare system (pdf)
- Canadian doctors are leaving for the United States in droves (pdf)
To read more of CHSRF’s Mythbusters, visit their website.